- Counting Crows: New Amsterdam – Live at Heineken Music Hall, 02/06/2003
- The Mountain Goats: All Hail West Texas
- Alexi Murdoch: Time Without Consequence
- Kate Bush: Aerial
- The Stills: Without Feathers
- Snow Patrol: Eyes Open
- The Walkmen: A Hundred Miles Off
- T-Bone Burnett: Twenty Twenty, The Essential…
- T-Bone Burnett: The True False Identity
- Lucero: The Attic Tapes
- Beirut: Gulag Orkestar
- Outkast: Mighty “O” (single)
I own: Anthem (Unabridged), by Ayn Rand. iTunes recommends: Lord, I Apologize, by Larry the Cable Guy.
It’s not a blog I read all the time, but Gretchen’s >bounce/oz is still a favorite. Unlike many weblogs, it has a point and a consistent tone. Gretchen reviews (mostly old-school (and I mean really old-school)) hip-hop, funk, soul and disco. That’s her thing.
Gretchen’s also a DJ, and she’ll be spinning at Summerfest, July 6th, at the Harley-Davidson stage. That’s hot.
(She also currently sits in the next cubicle over from me.)
- Art Brut: Bang Bang Rock & Roll
- The Raconteurs: Broken Boy Soldiers
- Paul Simon: Surprise
- Secret Machines: Ten Silver Drops
- Thom Yorke: The Eraser
- Neil Young: Living With War